Sunday we drove down to Orange County to spend the day with my brother.
We went to Whole Foods and stocked up on rare and limited release beer and had ourselves a little beer-tasting party.
Yup, that’s $75 worth of beer right there… and SO worth it.
(from left to right)
1. Loakal Red from The Bruery
2. 4 Calling Birds from The Bruery; limited release for the holidays (and part of the 12 days of Christmas collection)
3. Dogfish Head, 120 Minute IPA; this wasnt released in CA… and I wont reveal how we ended up getting it 🙂 that one is 18% ABV!
4. Faster, Bigger, Better, Bolder: The Bruery and Dogfish Head’s collaboration beer. it was AMAZING! (that beer alone was $20)
5. Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewery, probably the most sought-after beer around. Extremely limited releases and extremely rare/hard to find. Started the whole IPA movement and is an all-around great IPA. I really enjoy it, but truth be told, in Aaron’s opinion – and I agree- Green Flash, West Coast IPA *on tap* is better.
6. Saison de Lente from The Bruery; its a limited, seasonal release for the Spring (lenten season) and we plan on enjoying that one then.
I never said being a beer snob.. ahem, “connoisseur”…. was a cheap hobby 🙂
but it IS satisfying and fun! and Aaron, my brother and I all really enjoy it.