my girlfriend Corrina came up with this smoothie recipe and I’m hooked.
I tweaked her original recipe a bit to accommodate some of the ingredients that we regularly have on hand, and instead of using milk as a liquid base (as she did) I use coconut water because neither Aaron or myself drink milk…. and I really like the added potassium, magnesium and natural electrolytes that coconut water provides.
– 1 banana
– 1 cup of mixed berries (fresh or frozen depending on season)
– 1/2 cup of mango (fresh or frozen)
– fresh spinach (I just eyeball the amount, keep in mind when blended spinach practically disappears)
– fresh kale (any variety will work)
– 1-2 tablespoons of wheat germ
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– about 8-9oz of pure, unflavored coconut water (such as Naked or Zico- my two favorite brands)
mix everything into your blender, and blend until smooth:
its not the most beautiful smoothie. Once blended together it ends up being a brownish/green color… but trust me, it tastes wonderful!
this recipe makes enough for 2 smoothies.
I typically make one for breakfast and use the 2nd one as a snack.
It has also been a great post yoga refuel-er!